One Day Crowns with CEREC 3D
Normally, restorations such as crowns are created in an off-site lab. As a result patients must wear a temporary crown for a few weeks (which we hope will stay on) and return for a second appointment (where we may have to numb you) after the permanent crown has been completed for a final fitting.
However, Advanced Dental Care is equipped with CEREC, a system which uses Computer Aided Design / Computer Aided Manufacture technology to create beautiful, strong, perfectly fitted restorations. A digital camera takes pictures of your teeth and imports the images into a computer to design the crown. No more gooey, messy, make you wanna gag impressions!
This technology allows us to custom create Veneers, Crowns, Inlays and Onlays right in our office. This reduces your treatment time for these procedures to just one visit, saves money, and prevents you from having to ask the boss for more time off from work.
|Cerec Explained||Cerec in The News|
How does CEREC 3D Work?
To begin, the Dr. Young prepares the damaged tooth, then paints a thin layer of reflective powder directly on the tooth's surface. Using a special camera, he then takes a picture of the tooth.
There is no need to take a messy, uncomfortable impression to send off to a lab. Dr. Young has a full 3D view of the restoration as he creates it, viewing, manipulating and verifying all aspects of the restoration design for accuracy and assurance of an ideal fit.
After 3D Imaging, the material block is placed in the milling chamber. Minutes later, milling is complete and the restoration is ready to place.
What Are the Advantages of CEREC 3D?
- Restorations can be performed in a single session, usually in less than two hours
- No need to make an impression and send it to a lab
- No return visits for the patient
- The restoration is natural looking, as it is made out of tooth-colored ceramic material
- Ceramic material is biocompatible, high-grade, anti-abrasive and plaque-resistant
- Metal-free, mercury-free, no dark or silver-colored fillings
- Allows dentist to save more of the healthy tooth
- Extremely precise
What Kinds of Procedures Can It Perform?
- Meet Our Team
- Patient Information
- Special Offers
- Cosmetic & Restorative Dentistry
- One Day Crowns
- Six Month Braces
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Smile Gallery
- Refer Our Office
- Patient Feedback
- Contact Us
Dental Website Design by Dentist Design.